AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Emergency Numbers Organization on iPhone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/13/2017 06:18 (#6068202)
Subject: Emergency Numbers Organization on iPhone

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Here in Minnesota we senior drivers are encouraged to participate in a Driver Improvement Program. The incentive for participating in such as program is a reduction in car insurance rates. I have participated in the program since I turned 55. A refresher course is required periodically to retain the insurance program reduction. I took my refresher yesterday. It was conducted by a former patrol officer that does this after retiring off the road.

The program was very informative. One of the things that the lady mentioned was the concept of having emergency numbers readily available in case of an accident. She showed us how she has an icon on her Android phone entitled Emergency numbers. This is so she or anyone else could easily contact important people in case of a problem. She said if she came upon an accident, that she would attempt to use this to notify important people. This could be very useful.

I used to have an Android phone and remember that I created some Icons of my own for special situations. I considered them shortcuts. I would like to do this with important numbers with my iPhone.

Currently I do have my Favorites section in my contact list which in my case contains the four or five people that would be my emergency contacts. So a quick thinking individual might think to look there which would be great.

I was hoping that there would be some way to have an Emergency numbers Icon on the bottom of the screen. There is probably an App for this that I should investigate. Any suggestions?

Later Edit: I found an App that is called Emergency Contact. It received a 4 star rating. After I installed it, my iPhone with current IOS indicated that the developer should come out with a newer version. Apparently they have not. I installed it and was thrilled with the concept but couldn't make it work as advertised probably because of my newer IOS.

The concept is that the App allows you to make a customized wallpaper that includes various things such as your picture, name, emergency contact numbers, med problems etc. After you have created this customized wallpaper it can be used as your background or lock screen picture. This appears to be exactly what I was looking for but doesn't work well. One reviewer indicated the exact problems that I encountered. Hopefully it will be updated or someone else creates something similar. I'd even pay for a working App of this type.

A thought just struck me as a homemade solution. Use my camera to take a special picture which is a picture of a piece of paper that includes the Emergency information that I want to display. Once I get this the way I want it, save it as Wallpaper.

Edited by tedbear 6/13/2017 09:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)