AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Curve track questions on JD 8260R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/14/2017 09:03 (#6070453 - in reply to #6067696)
Subject: RE: Curve track questions on JD 8260R

Leesburg, Ohio
I have the same issue, and have just come to accept it. I think here is the reason is "sees" the error, but won't steer to fix it, at least for an inside curve: if it steered exactly on the line with no gap, the curve would keep getting tighter and tighter with each succeeding pass until it came to a point after a few passes. It is the same way that there is always a little triangle of hay left if you try to round off corners while mowing hay. On an outside curve, it just keeps getting more gradual with each pass.

There is a couple settings in the curvetrac guidance page that can be turned off that helps some. I think they are called "anticipate turns" and "gap fill". I usually turn those off, and it helps some. The problem I have not figured out is how to keep those settings turned off. They seem to come back on every time I stop.

I guess I don't get to worried about a 15" spot or a 40" spot on curves anymore. If it were a consistent 15" or 40" off on a straight track, I would be concerned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)