AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Curve track questions on JD 8260R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 6/12/2017 20:30 (#6067696)
Subject: Curve track questions on JD 8260R

We got a new to us planter this year with no markers. It is a 1770 24 row being pulled by an 8260R with 2630 and SF2. Before this year, I always used markers on the headlands. I have double checked the measurements and they are all correct. I played with some settings but never got it to where I was happy. Whenever there is much of a curve(not a sharp curve IMO", it will not follow it correctly. On exterior curves it drives to close to something like a 15" guess row and on an interior curve, it will drive to wide to make a 40"+ guess row. The frustrating part is, it paints it on the map very accurately. If it skips or overlaps, it shows up on the map as a skip or overlap. If the map knows it is making a skip, why wont it drive right to not make a skip? That makes me think its not an issue with measurements or offsets.

I havent been in the tractor for a couple of weeks so I dont remember what all I tried to change but in the advanced steering options, there was a button or tab that dealt with curve track and I tried changing all of different settings that I saw available and didnt get anywhere. We bought the planter mid season so I havent had a lot of chance to play with it. I basically use it twice for each field and then switch to straight track so I had very few curve tracks to use it on and play with settings. I know its tough to diagnose with my limited memory of what I changed but Im hoping to get an idea on what to change when I start planting double crop beans in a week or so. I did try AB curves and Adaptive curves, neither one seemed better than the other.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)