AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arkansas Crops/Corn in general
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gre48733
Posted 6/12/2017 11:07 (#6066854)
Subject: Arkansas Crops/Corn in general

SE Arkansas
Went to the golf tournament in Memphis yesterday. On way back, a tanker truck flipped and caught fire on i40. Shut down east and west bound lanes. After sitting in traffic for an hour, I finally got to where I could do a U turn in the ditch, and head back east, to find an exit. 70 was a parking lot, so I took St Francis 3-something down to 75 (Madison area), then took that to 70 thru Brinkley and so on.

Saw a lot of crops down there, but mainly corn that looked VERY GOOD! Was blown away at how high the corn was standing already. Anyone in that area, that has any insight on what corn that is/when it was planted? Had also seen some very high corn stands heading to Texas on 30 west, between Fulton and Texarkana, then again around Royce City/Greenville.

How is the corn looking in your area? Midwest guys, I know some of y'all have been hurting for rain, but is your corn looking good? We have had plenty rain down here... actually.. too much rain! But, I am still seeing some good crops. The flood damage/replant was a lot less acreage than they had anticipated, after the big floods last month.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)