AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto-steer on sprayers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 6/12/2017 21:51 (#6067889 - in reply to #6067618)
Subject: RE: Auto-steer on sprayers?

Missouri
That's about the same as my experience.

We recently upgraded sprayers on the farm. It's still a used one. The foam markers don't work. We knew this. The salesman was honest; he told us this. We won't need foamers we thought. Now we have autosteer, we said. (For the record, "we" is the majority vote. I was in the dissent).

Never in my life did I think anything would make me wish for foamers back. It's not that it's broken on us, or given us any malfunction. It's just that when it does what it does the way it was designed to do it, the results are unimpressive. Worse than the AB issues you mentioned is last pass. Lass pass can just up and spontaneously jump onto a different guidance line *WHILE* the steering is engaged. You have to manually disengage steering at least one swath width before reaching your headlands, or the steering system violently jumps hard left or hard right to try to get on a last pass that is swath adjacent to the headland pass.

I'll be seeing what it takes to repair the broken foamer as soon as wheat is done. That's my summary of Raven steering, in a nutshell: It'll make you fix your foamers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)