AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Tradeup Programs for 2017
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/9/2017 07:17 (#6061648)
Subject: Ag Leader Tradeup Programs for 2017

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have become aware that Ag Leader has a trade up program or programs available that this time. This is a program to encourage owners of older Ag Leader products and third party products to trade them in toward current systems.

I saw a couple of sample "packages" but I don't know if the program is just limited to those packages or if others would apply. The packages indicated are for the high end displays, GPS and steering. I have one of those from last years and am interested in modernizing some of my older Ag Leader displays etc.

I really don't need all the features indicated in these packages but if the price is more or equally attractive with them that is certainly an option.

Currently I have four situations that use Ag Leader products. Three are tractors with steering and the forth is the combine without steering. Depending on the tractor, the application situation varies with the planter tractor being the most demanding. The InCommand 1200 that I use there handles the situation well. It or another 1200 could be used in the other locations but would not need some of the extra features.

I envision trading in my two steering unlocked Insights, two Nav IIs, two Trimble 332 GPSs, two Autosense units and the associated wiring. The would be replaced with two SteerCommand ECUs, two GPS 6500s, two wheel position sensors and linkage and other necessary wiring and some type of display or displays.

The display or displays is my major decision at this point. Due to the way the equipment is used, I could get by with purchasing just a single display as long as it was capable of steering any of the three tractors. My current 1200 could be shuffled around between the planter tractor, the sprayer tractor and the combine. I would want another display available for steering one of the other tractors during that time. Picking up a second 1200 would handle this. Actually a lesser display would be acceptable for the other applications. This wouldn't be too bad since all the wiring etc. would already be in place and it would just be a matter of disconnecting the display and physically carrying it to the other rig and reinstalling.

Another thought on the displays is to get one or two InCommand 800s. This would have the advantage of not having to move things as much. The InCommand 800 in the sprayer would need to have the auto swath unlock. One of the 800's could go in place of the 1200 in the planter tractor to steer it while the 1200 is moved to the combine. I would prefer the 1200 in the combine for variety maps although my iPad with AgFiniti maps on it would be available.

Then there is the Compass display. I am not familiar with them at all but I understand they could get involved with the mix for the steering aspects.

So what's the purpose of my post? 1) does anyone know if the Ag Leader program(s) are limited to just those listed in the "boxes" on one of their letters to the dealers. 2) I'm interested in thoughts concerning my purposed upgrades and choice of displays.

Edited by tedbear 6/9/2017 07:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)