AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 week search for stinking dead mouse.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/8/2017 18:27 (#6060926)
Subject: 3 week search for stinking dead mouse.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
leads me to a dead UPS . For several weeks we have had a foul rotting mouse stink in the room we use for an office and computer room. I finally resigned myself to opening the window and putting a powerful air freshener in the room, thinking the rotting critter was in a wall and I had to wait for it to dry up and quit stinking. We formerly had wireless telephone and internet, that was switched out to fiber optic telephone / DSL about two years ago. This morning the big battery backup unit they had on the wireless setup and still in place on the fiber optic system was beeping and the overload light was on. I called the telephone co service guy and explained to him what the UPS unit was doing. He said, you have that hooked to your computer right, not to our fiber optic black boxes ? I said no, my computer has it's own little UPS box, this one has your fiber optic boxes connected to it.. The repair tec said, the independent contractor that installed your fiber optic equipment should have removed that big UPS, it was for the wireless telephone / DSL, the fiber optic setup does not need it. He also said that those old UPS units are 8-10 years old, so the battery may have died to cause that stink you smell.
I removed the UPS unit and plugged the fiber optic boxes into the wall socket The horrible rotting mouse stink is gone :)
I am sure glad that old UPS unit did not decide to catch fire while we were away from home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)