AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two John Deere displays, an Ag Leader display, and a Kinze planter walk into a bar...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 6/8/2017 17:04 (#6060830 - in reply to #6060665)
Subject: RE: Two John Deere displays, an Ag Leader display, and a Kinze planter walk into a bar...

Missouri
Thanks!

Technically, any ISOBUS implement that uses task controller, and virtual terminal, ought to be able to do this. There's no reason the display serving as virtual terminal, and the display serving as task controller have to be the same display, or even the same brand. In actual practice, there exists the possibility of conflicts, so one has to be prepared to address this. Once we got through the initial setup, this has been pretty trouble free.

I still don't understand how anyone thinks making section control an unlockable, instead of a standard feature, is a reasonable idea this day and age, on the high end display in a product line. If it's a cost cutting measure for an entry level product, I suppose that is reasonable, but on a 2630 isn't it a little like buying a Cadillac, and then finding out you have to pay extra for power steering?

Regarding splitting the steering, and the implement controls, I can see it both ways. There are advantages to each, and I wouldn't call either preference right or wrong. I'm partial to Ag Leader, and doing everything on one screen, but that's largely because of the phenomenal job they have done integrating everything on one screen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)