AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Agras MG-1s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

techyman
Posted 5/31/2017 08:11 (#6046728)
Subject: DJI Agras MG-1s

Has anyone looked into one of these yet?

https://www.dji.com/mg-1s

I called a dealer the other day and he told me that it's not yet available to the US yet due to some Chinese regulations or something like that. Anyway, if they become available do you think they'd work on a large scale farming operation? Obviously just "one" would not work very well since it can only do 7-10 acres per hour. However, what if a person had around 10 of them that were working simultaneously? You can map out each of your fields so you could likely divide a large field into sections and have each drone working on individual sections of the field. This drone seems pretty amazing despite the small tank of only 2.6 gallons. I don't really know a whole lot about spraying, but I know most ground rigs aim towards 10 gallons per acre and airplanes can generally get by with 3 gallons per acre. Since this drone is so precise and you can punch in on the app how many gal/ac you want the thing to apply, do you think a person could apply 1 gal/ac or even a 1/2 gal/ac with pretty good coverage?

Thank you for you input. I'm very interested in this but would like to hear more input from other agricultural enthusiasts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)