AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auto swath doesn't work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/31/2017 07:38 (#6046676 - in reply to #6046296)
Subject: RE: auto swath doesn't work

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
IADAVE - 5/30/2017 21:25

I have an Integra display and just had electric clutches put on this spring.
Things worked good until yesterday, although from time to time it didn't plant. I just chalked it up to operator error. Today it will only plant in manual mode. I am suspecting it is the implement switch but am not knowledgeable enough to check it for sure. I unhooked the implement switch and it made no difference. Do I need to jump some wires? If I manually work the switch I can hear the clutches clicking . I do have a couple rows the electric clutches do not shut off if that matters.
Suggestions on a cure are appreciated.

With Ag Leader control modules that have an implement switch connection, it must be used. 1) either connect it to a real implement switch or 2) put in a jumper. If using a real implement switch it must be mounted and/or wired so that it completes the circuit when the applicator or planter is in the DOWN position.

With a Clutch Control Module you should always use a real implement switch so the clutches engage to STOP planting when the planter is UP and allow planting when the planter is down. If you suspect your implement switch, then unhook it and install a jumper for testing. Without a working real switch or the jumper, the system should not allow planting.

If you can hear the clutches clicking when you manually work the implement switch, I would suspect the switch or mounting. On Deere Planters it is common to use Deere's bracket and their button switch. I use two of them wired in parallel so that if either is in the DOWN or planting position, the system will allow the clutches to plant. The Deere button switches are the Normally Closed type. They are opposite of a door bell button switch. The circuit is complete when the button is NOT pushed in and breaks the circuit when the button IS pushed in.

This means when the planter is UP, the seed unit drops down to its stops by gravity and should push the button IN breaking the circuit. When the planter is DOWN, the unit rises up and allows the button switch to complete the circuit.

If you have some clutches that don't work, this is a separate problem. What type of clutches do you have? I'm not sure what you mean my manual. Even with auto swath inactive, the implement switch connection is still needed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)