AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me design a "stand alone" spraying system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

d6btex
Posted 5/29/2017 07:22 (#6043087)
Subject: Help me design a "stand alone" spraying system

SE Texas

The sprayer I use right now has 45' manual booms (arghh!) and a 3405FII Microtrak controller.  I have several tractors that I spray with but the main one is a Magnum 200 with Pro 700 (372) and autosteer.  I have two other tractors available that I would like the option of using on the sprayer.  One that has an Intelliview 4 (262) and one that does not have a monitor or gps.

I am getting ready to upgrade sprayers and will be moving to a TopAir TA-1200.  It comes with a Raven 450 and 60' booms.  My land is rolling and lots of terraces (reason I have used 45' boom in the past) so I would like to go with auto boom height on this new to me sprayer to keep from destroying booms (is this an unrealistic expectation?).  I also spray about 400 acres a year of pasture land that is pretty darn rough.  My present sprayer has walking tandems and the new to me sprayer is a big wheel.  Should I consider putting tandems underneath it to aid smoothing the ride?

Is it possible to build a system that I could move between tractors if I desired.  Two of the tractors have autosteer (Mag 200 & NH 7050) guidance but the 3rd does not (NH T160).  Not sure it makes sense to pay CNH for the unlocks on AccuControl but perhaps it does (not sure what it costs).  Just trying to figure out if there is a reasonably priced option to keep the option of using each tractor on the sprayer.  Auto steering is not nearly as important as a simple guidance and a sprayer controller that works well with the autoboom height and perhaps boom section control.  Perhaps there is some quality "used" equipment out there that will help me achieve what I want.  Am I asking too much?  Suggestions?

I want to add, that I am more than willing to compensate someone for their time to help me piece this thing together (if possible) and get it working.  I realize there are a lot of Precision Techs and firms on this site and it is fair that you be paid for your service.  There are no precision people in my neck of the woods (that I am aware of) except for the CNH precision representative at the dealer.

Thanks in advance

Edited by d6btex 5/29/2017 08:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)