AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clothes washer??Don't rag on me, important machinery for farm clothes....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 11/11/2008 00:57 (#503032 - in reply to #502987)
Subject: RE: Clothes washer??Don't rag on me, important machinery for farm clothes....

Iowa

We don't own one, but some friends that do say the front loads are not up to the task for cleaning dirty cloths.  Front loads probably work fine for city folks that are far removed from the real world.  My friends say they often have to run the work cloths through twice.  They think it is because the front loads do not use enough water to get the job done the first time.

Edit:  Wow...Looks like I'm in the minority on this one.  My friend's had the problems about four years ago.  Maybe the front loads have had significant improvements since then.  Still, with the volume of dirt that gets caked on some cloths, it would seem there would be limits to the water use efficiency gained with a front load.  The nature of the stain and the volume of substance to be removed are probably two different issues here.

Sometimes I scrape off what I can and spray the cloths with a power washer before attempting to put them in our washing machine which is still a top load.

Edited by tigger 11/11/2008 13:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)