AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 8310R Hydrauic revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/28/2017 07:13 (#6041469)
Subject: Deere 8310R Hydrauic revisited

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some time back I posted about a problem I was having with a Hypro sprayer pump on my planter tractor. The tractor is an 8310R which is Pre-DEF. I thought it is a 2014 model. A correction below suggests that it is likely a 2013. It has the large muffler but does not use DEF.

The planter is a 24 row 1770NT. I utilize 5 SCVs. SCV I is for frame control, SCV 2 for the markers (rarely used), SCV III for the left Vac fan, SCV IV for the right Vac fan and SCV V for the Hypro pump for spraying with the planter. The case drain goes to the proper port below the SCV stack. All SCV settings are reasonable. The problem first started showing on the spray pump pressure gauge. It would show a twitch. The pressure would drop from its usual indication of about 40 PSI to 30 PSI but return to normal almost instantly.

I had the pump checked out both on the hydraulic and water sides. No problems were found. I even noticed this last year when using the pump only for pumping out the tank. Since this didn't seem to cause any problem when actually spraying, I just overlooked it. This year the problem became worse to the point that it was showing an application twitch as shown by observing the Vol/Min when running in manual and also a application rate drop.

One day, I couldn't get the pump to run at all. I posted here about this and received various suggestions. The most obvious was to try a different SCV. I use SCV V because it seemed logical and also being at the top of the stack, it allowed for a better route for the hydraulic hoses coming from the pump. I was able to swap the hoses for SCV II and SCV V. The hoses didn't fit so nicely but I was able to tie the pump hoses out of the way of the 3 point top link.

My spray situation improved and I no longer had the twitch. During this time I had contacted another local farmer who had a very similar situation with a very similar tractor. We agreed to communicate if either found out any information. I forgot about this but ran across his number when cleaning out my car. I called him yesterday and left a message about swapping SCVs and how it seemed to help.

He called me back yesterday with some "new" information. This is the information that he relayed to me. This may or may not be completely correct or complete as I may not have understood him correctly. His information is that Deere has acknowledged a problem with the SCVs in this vintage of tractors. Apparently there is some type of rotary valve inside each SCV which can cause a problem. Deere has a replacement (complete valve I believe) that can be installed in place of the original. Deere provides no help with the replacement and that each valve is in the neighborhood of $3300. He is going to investigate this further. We don't know if repairing the "bad" valves would be a good plan. We are thinking this should cost less than the $3300 for the replacement style. My plan at the moment is to continue to delegate SCV V for the markers as the other SCVs seem to work yet.

Anyone have heard anything similar to this? I remember that on my original post there were some others who had experienced a similar problem without a solution.

Edited by tedbear 5/28/2017 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)