AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 6000 reciever reveiw, kind of.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 5/27/2017 08:18 (#6040045)
Subject: JD 6000 reciever reveiw, kind of.

east central ND
Did some reading on here and asked a few questions last winter about upgrading a SF 2 3000, for the SF3 6000 this spring. Main reason was to get the faster recovery of signal after going down tree lined road, and farming by large tree rows 1/2 mile long. Increase in accuracy would just be a bonus. I did get a new receiver and pay for the SF3 subscriptions. Had to down load latest software for 6000 and my 1800 display.

So far have been very impressed with the recovery after loosing signal in the tree covered lane on the way to one batch of fields. Old receiver would take 15 to 20 min to be back to full signal, the 6000 seems to be up to 90% by the time I have the sprayer booms unfolded, and a few more min to be 100%. Running it on the planter with markers it looked spot on, same with soybean drill with no markers. Did not have to shift the line back into place after filling planter like on the 3000 with the SF2. 40' soy drill with no markers seems to be spot on for the guest rows as well. We do farm flat ground with minor rises, no small hills like a lot of guys farm, do have some elevation changes over a quarter, but gentle changes compared to a lot of ground.. Have used the shift track very, very little this spring compared to the old receiver. So far am happy camper. The self propelled sprayer with an deere universal wheel has been very acceptable so far doing pre's. Going to spray some corn next week so it will be a test of the "repeatability" from the planter.

I wish the receiver would remember the TCM calibration from the tractor to the sprayer as I am switching back and forth all the time. Seed a few fields, put display and reciever in sprayer, calibrate, go spray pre, switch back to drill tractor, calibrate, etc, etc.

Edited by D6Joe 5/27/2017 08:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)