AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what usually happens when an agleader electric clutch stops doing its thing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/28/2017 07:27 (#6041488 - in reply to #6041205)
Subject: Not SureStops but SureVac Maintenance

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

Here's a repeat of a "heads up" concerning SureVacs.  An earlier post pointed out that the plunger on SureVacs can get debris inside.  This means that when the system decides to extend the pad to cause planting to stop, the plunger is prevented from extending properly and the seed doesn't lose enough vacuum to fall back off the disk.  In other words, that row may continue to plant.

I thought I was noticing this on Row 12 with my Ag Leader InCommand 1200.  The clutch sections would shut off like they should when encountering an area that was already planted but Row 12 would continue to show some seed drop after the bar graph for the other rows had dropped to zero.  As a precaution, I removed the cover for Row 12, removed the pad and the plunger cover.  Inside was a fair amount of seed treatment and dirt.  This was the first time I had disassembled one in three years of use.  Yesterday I was doing some scouting and noticed one row showed some plants into the headland.  Upon checking,  I determined that this was in fact Row 12.  

We have a field of commercial sweet corn to plant yet so I will be disassembling the SureVac plungers on the other rows and clean them as I change back to a corn setup.  I would advise others to do the same. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)