AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what usually happens when an agleader electric clutch stops doing its thing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 5/26/2017 23:39 (#6039765)
Subject: what usually happens when an agleader electric clutch stops doing its thing?

East Central, Nebraska
had a row acting weird tonight. kind of narrowed it down to the clutch. the good thing is that I have clutches in rows of two so that helped diagnose the problem. question is, typically if a clutch fails what do we see happening. does it revert to direct like it would with no power applied. does it slip like I would assume was happening to me, or does it just fail and constantly slip?

maybe it will do whatever it wants. and that's what it is.

I took the box off and when it should have been off it was but seemed very rough when I took the chains off and turned it. really just seemed rough with our without power. ended up unhooking power to finish and appeared to be planting constantly when the drives were turning. the odd thing, this was row 16 and it seemed as if row 1 was acting up also, do they typically start all going when they do? maybe I have something else going on. been a rough year on that planter with the different stuff I have going on (seed corn, commercial corn, high rate soybeans). I checked a few times, it was straight out not planting when it told me it wasn't. initial thought was seed sensor bad, I am dealing with a bunch of dust so that seemed perfectly possible.

guess this means its time for a planter makeover (including electric drives).

thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)