AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agfiniti for droids?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/27/2017 07:52 (#6040000 - in reply to #6039481)
Subject: RE: Agfiniti for droids?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
RCR - 5/26/2017 19:26

Recently upgraded from Integra to in command 1200.
I did for many reasons.

But, I would like to utilize the Agfiniti wifi to download maps to my tablet. Problem is, I have a droid tablet.

I hate to spend much on another tablet.
Thoughts?

I did about the same. I'm afraid you are out of luck with the droid tablet. I got an iPad Pro with maximum memory. As I recall there are three levels of memory and the base model might not be sufficient depending on what all you plan on using it for.

I got along quite well with the iPad and transferring the maps from the InCommand 1200 to it. I had two fields that contained both corn and soybeans. All my other fields were just one crop or the other. I was little confused as to how to work with two crops in the same field but AgFiniti can handle this. However, in one of the fields the area that was planted to corn does not have a map or any of the summary information.

Since my printer is AirPrint capable, I was able to print out my various maps (variety, fertilizer, spray etc.) directly from the App. This meant that I no longer needed to use SMS to print them out. I did use SMS to print out the missing map.

The transfer process is done in what I think of as a "batch" process. It is not done on a point by point basis while you are planting. The information is transferred from the InCommand to the AgFiniti App at certain points in time such as when you switch to a new field or shut down for the day. You can also force a transfer manually at other times (not while actually planting) if you desire.

When you shut down for the day, a warning box appears on the InCommand warning you to be certain that the data transfer has been completed before proceeding with the shutdown. Possibly this may explain why I lost the corn portion of that one field
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)