AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Backup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/2/2017 06:04 (#6049712 - in reply to #6038722)
Subject: RE: Backup?

Chebanse, IL.....

Someone on NAT recommended a "cloud" back-up system called "Back Blaze". I looked into it & have added it to 3 computers. It costs a few bucks a year, but it's tolerable. It is automatic. My computers are backed up every night. It's nice to know that the hundreds of thousands of photos I have will stay in a safe place.

I used to use separate remot hard drive back up systems, but they have their own mechanical difficulties. Drives get full etc. Then, if there is a true home catastrophe (fire? tornado?) the remote hard drives may become fodder also. 20 years ago I'd back up to 3.5" disks & keep them in the safe deposit @ the bank. I assume all 100 mb of data on the 50 disks is still sitting there.

When I download photos I leave them on the camera 1 day after download, then I delete them because they have made the overnight computer backup. Backblaze gives you a daily (or whenever you specify it) report on what was backed up. Again, I sleep well at night knowing this. Again, you do nothing, all backups are automatic.

I'll recommend Backblaze. Here's their website:

https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup-ad.html?gclid=CK2E5MiBn9QCFQsKaQodG40Egg#1056

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)