AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2388 accusteer system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rcsfarms
Posted 5/26/2017 06:25 (#6038540)
Subject: 2388 accusteer system

I've posted about this problem before but I figured I'd send it out again in case someone else has some ideas. I installed an integrated AFS accusteer system in my 2388 (02 mod) along with a navII and a 262 receiver (WASS only) the system is controlled with a pro 700 . It has never worked properly, it wanders all over, has trouble getting itself online after turning around (sometimes takes 2-3 attempts) I'm forever using the nudge button to keep it online. I'm using it for wheat and beans with a 30' head and I have my header width down to 25' to keep it from wandering so much it's skipping on the end!! I've had 2 techs from dealer out with no luck, a retired tech who spent many years working for case when all this was new back in 05-10 and also an independent Trimble dealer. The usual settings and calibrations are not the issue. It has to be in the hardware so do I start with the receiver and work back until I get to the steering sensor?? There is only one thing that stands out for me and that is this combine originated from Iowa and was 12 row ready with dual steering cylinders and had a weight bracket, when it was brought up here the new owner (before me) swapped out axles and installed his RWD axle with only a single cylinder, so is there any difference in the hydraulic system for dual steering?? In the installation manual for the auto steer kit there are 2 separate relief valves one for single and one for dual steering???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)