AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Music video player of 7 year old. He is watching Youtube videos. I He wants his own devise.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

M&A
Posted 5/24/2017 08:58 (#6034915 - in reply to #6034442)
Subject: RE: Music video player of 7 year old. He is watching Youtube videos. I He wants his own devise.

Spring Grove MN
Don't cave! We have always agreed that we will not have a game system. So far so good. Our boys are soon to be 8 & 10. They will occasionally sneak on the computer and play a farming game but, we limit it and it happens very rarely at home. Grandma's house is a different story. There they can play computer as much as they want there until we pick them up. They don't spend much time at either Grandma's house so we figure it's not so bad. There are days where I tell Grandma that they can not play on any electronics while they are there. They end up finding other things to do and survive. They have great imaginations and are very social. Saying "no" is worth it. In the past grandparents have talked about buying them their own tablets or ipods. When the kids tell us about their plan we say "that's fine but, you probably won't get to use it much because it's just going to be taken away when we get sick of you staring at it". They know we're serious so they come up with other present ideas for them. When we are out for dinner it seems like every one around us is staring at a phone while they eat. We don't do that our family has conversations while we eat. We know people that are so addicted to video games that they don't succeed in life. We've watched them grow up and they started out with video games at very young ages. It's sad to see but, really makes us stick to our rule. Don't back down, you'll be happy you didn't when he's older.

Amy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)