AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not taking MPCI coverage on corn acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 5/23/2017 14:54 (#6033229)
Subject: Not taking MPCI coverage on corn acres

We are having a little bit of trouble getting our corn in the ground this year with all the rain. It's a good problem in our neck of the woods but has surfaced some questions. I know I have seen this topic on here before but I can't find it in the search. My final plant date for corn is June 15th. I have no problem planting corn on June 15th from an agronomic standpoint. My question is if I plant my corn on June 16th, decide not to take crop insurance on it can I report the yield from the field and will it help my overall APH? I know I have to report that I planted it and report the yield but I am curious if it would affect my APH? My insurance agent says it will, my neighbor said they told him that last time until a few days later in which they said it wouldn't. He is a smart guy just wanting to make sure I understand what is going on before I decide. I am thinking with some of my lower APH fields just to plant it and take hail insurance as my chances of burning up due to drought are very slim. Would be a way to have better protection than the MCPI but I really want to be able to report the yield as I have a chance at a good one.

Edited by No soil disturbance 5/23/2017 14:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)