AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electristeer looses communication with nav controller.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bamcustoms
Posted 5/22/2017 21:45 (#6032170)
Subject: Electristeer looses communication with nav controller.

Lakeville, MN
We bought Case IH's new Electristeer system. We had a few hiccups at the beginning and worked threw them setting the system up. We were able to get the system set up and calibrated and then used it for one day spraying and have not been able to keep it working for more than one pass after that day. The system is slow to start up ( it has been from day one). In its current state you will make one pass maybe two and then the engage button locks up. The display sits for 45 to 60 sec and then says loss of DGPS or loss of GPS and then no communication with the Nav controller. At this point the system is fully locked up and takes a key cycle to restart the system. In watching what happens during the lock up I have noted the GPS receiver is still online and knows its location, the only thing it looses is the heading. So far we have tried a different Pro 700 with different software, another nav module, different wire harness, a different 372 receiver. No matter what we change it will not stay working. All parts of the system are on current software and are working fine other than this.

We are running AccuControl on this Pro 700 at the same time....However that has yet to have one problem threw any of this. ( I have turned it off for testing and it changes nothing)

My first question is anyone using Electristeer and is it working?

What else can I even try we have replaced all the parts with new and it still will not function.

What would you suggest switching to? We need to run Field IQ and VT so our next option looks like a Trimble 2050 display. Will I be able to use my 372 receiver with that?

This is getting the better of me. We have sprayed 7/8 of our acres steering by hand this spring after spending $5500 on a steering system. I'm running out of love.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)