AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

using glyphosate as tank cleaner?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 5/23/2017 11:51 (#6032983 - in reply to #6031771)
Subject: RE: Just to repeat - solution left in the booms is usually the culprit

Most of the time if there is going to be damage, it's from the previous spray solution sitting in the boom ends. My last sprayer had end drains and I'm going to plumb in similar drains on my newer sprayer (probably just after I have a problem!). The other guys are right about the dilution pretty much making what herbicide is left in the tank ineffective, but full strength solution can hide on you.

I have dicamba beans in a 40 this year and my plan is to spray all the fomasafen on the standard RR beans first, then the dicamba then do a reasonable drain and clean up, then load up a short load of glyphosate and spray the dicamba 40. By then the tank cleaning properties of the glyphosate should get rid of 99.9% of the dicamba. What's left will curl a few leaves and it will be like using cobra sort of :-) Actually I can't imagine there will be any dicamba left to ding the beans.

You'll know if it doesn't work because any dicamba problems instantly result in someone getting shot. I says so right on the label.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)