AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgTalk posting policy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

barren
Posted 5/22/2017 06:16 (#6030637)
Subject: AgTalk posting policy

Glasgow, Ky
There is an ongoing debate on AgTalk about the appropriateness of some posts on here in the Machinery Forum regard to their being commercial in nature. I took the liberty of copying the portion of the posting policy pertaining to that.

"AgTalk is, and has always been, a non-commercial site. Our goal is to provide a useful forum that is free from the clutter of overt advertising. We appreciate and encourage input from sources in the agricultural industry but ask that they conduct their sales elsewhere. The occasional, appropriate image or mention of a product is acceptable, as is a business link in the signature space. We typically allow new users to talk about their products or services and usually let stand new product announcements, so long as they are topical and not of a hard-sell nature."

Draw your own conclusion to it. Rules are difficult to interpret and enforce. The moderators on here have a difficult job to do and I respect them for it. I would suggest that anyone questioning the job they do read the whole posting policy if you have not done so already.

Edited by barren 5/22/2017 06:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)