AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze planter monitor problem/question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerbk
Posted 5/19/2017 20:20 (#6025894)
Subject: Kinze planter monitor problem/question

Seymour, IL
I have a Kinze 3660 ASD Edgevac 16/31 with Vision system and hydraulic drive. I was finally able to get it programmed, and the first day out it ran like a top.
about mid-day of day 2, low rate alarm on one row. check drive, chains, etc. no problem, seen in discs. Seems to be planting the right amount when digging up seed.
after getting really frustrated with this, and it showed up on a second row, switched sensor and tube. No change. Problem remained on the row.
did the sensor check, problem moves to a different row. Put up with it for another hour, then everything right as rain again, all on its own.
Toward the end of the day, the low rate problem shows up again on another row.

Every time I do a sensor check, I have the problem move to a different row. Moves all over the planter. Rear 2, Front 14, Front 2, etc.
So what is causing the ghost in the machine? How can it be traced? float in and out?

Rate was reading variable on the sensors due to high winds one day, but the rate as applied on the bottom of the monitor was near where it should be.

Problems all appear to be computer related, not mechanical. Monitor had new screen put in it and updated software before it was purchased last fall.

Insights and suggestions welcome. I could get to like this set up I think, but the computer is causing headaches.

thanks
bryon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)