AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phone app to mark Rocks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 5/7/2017 11:42 (#6005019 - in reply to #6001587)
Subject: RE: Phone app to mark Rocks

Elmira, Ontario

I had an idea to use my phone's camera to mark locations (it was a different project with the photos themselves being the important part, but similar enough to what you need). Then I imported the photos into a photo management utility on a computer that put location flags on a google map. I don't know whether it would be possible to get that location map back onto a phone. I think it is, though.

The system would have worked, except it seems my phone needs to be awake for a bit to lock the gps coordinates for the photo. So I was going from location to location, waking the phone, taking photos, immediately putting the phone to sleep and moving on. A lot of the photos were pinned to the wrong locations because it wasn't until the next waypoint that a gps location got added to the photo.

I expect the system would have worked once I knew what time frames the phone had for locking down the gps location. I wonder if tedbear's experience with the iPad had a similar cause for inaccurate locations.

I'm quite sure there are much better systems out there for this type of thing. I'd research geocaching and see what apps there are for that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)