AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Computer Internet Connection Trouble...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kawartha
Posted 5/6/2017 14:08 (#6003760 - in reply to #6001490)
Subject: RE: New Computer Internet Connection Trouble...

Hi Aaron ... isn't Windows 10 great!

I'm a little confused regarding your exact set-up but you are trying to access the internet via ethernet cable out of your router ... correct? My set-up is a little different as I use wireless connectivity from my router.

I was experiencing connectivity issues on my new Windows 10 desktop too ... sometimes it would connect to my wifi just fine, other times it wouldn't connect ... very frustrating. Sounds like you may be using the ethernet port instead of wifi (wireless connection) but here's something easy you could try to see if it solves your problem.

Windows 10 includes a new fast start-up option (it usually is enabled by default) which the old Windows systems didn't have ... this feature gets your system booted up much much faster than the older Windows systems could manage .... sounds like a good feature to have right? BUT, it can cause problems including connectivity issues. I disabled that feature and it eliminated all of my intermittent connectivity troubles.

This is a very simple procedure but Windows 10 has the settings buried where they're hard to find unless you know where to look ... simple to toggle the setting on and off so it's worth a try imo. The procedure is as as follows:

How do I enable or disable fast startup?

1. Type Control Panel in the search box.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click Power Options.
4. Click Choose what the power buttons do.
5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
6. Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
7. Click Save changes.
8. Edited this post just to add that for the start-up changes to take effect one has to restart the computer.

With that fast start-up disabled your system will boot-up a LOT more slowly BUT I've had no more issues of any type since I disabled that fancy new feature. Regards, John

Edited by kawartha 5/7/2017 10:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)