AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Those who have had metal plates implanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tired of Working
Posted 4/30/2017 22:42 (#5993138 - in reply to #5993093)
Subject: RE: Those who have had metal plates implanted

Central Sask. RM#254, Canada
Khill1996 - 4/30/2017 22:12

My wife was in a car accident 2 years ago. Fortuantley she only broke her left forearm, sternum, and her jaw. I'm lucky she's still here. Someone pulled out in front of her and she swerved to miss them, ended up running off the road and Hitting a pine tree at about 70 mph. She had to be air lifted to a hospital at a 2 hour drive away. She had to have a few surgeries, but she's tough and is fine today, for the most part. Both bones in her left forearm were completely broke. She had to have surgery, in which they put a metal plate with screws in her arm to hold it in place. They told her if it bothered her down the road she could have the plate removed. Her arm hurts when's it rainy and weathers bad. And if she bumps it against something kinda hard. So, we were talking about maybe having the plates removed.
If the plate is removed, will it keep her arm from hurting when it rains? Or will it make a difference? Has anyone ever been though this? Is it worth going through another surgery? What do you think?
She's only 21 years old, so she's got a long road ahead. I just want to keep her from having to deal with that pain.
Thanks in advance for your input

Yes should be healed enough to have it all taken out ,bones will not be totally healed for about 5 more years . It will quit hurting a few weeks after healing back up . I went through that with a foot that was 90% torn off . I was 32 at the time . my email is good if she wants more info .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)