AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader valve deadband test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BLTFARMS
Posted 4/30/2017 18:26 (#5992465)
Subject: ag leader valve deadband test

Elizabethtown, ky
I have an 8270R auto trac ready that i installed a geosteer on, i used the cables that came with the kit to hook to the wheel angle sensor, steering valve, and steering encoder. the first day we did the auto calibrate it worked perfect. then i started planting and 1/2 way across the field when i turned on the end to kick in the steering the wheels turned all the way to the right and stayed there. finished the field with markers. next day i started up, and the auto steer worked for the first 2 rounds, then did the same thing, since then it has turned hard right every time it is engaged.
first call to ag leader they said wheel angle sensor. so we put a new one on it. today we went to do the auto calibrate again, it goes through the compass test fine, does the heading test fine, when we do the tilt calibration( stop one way get a reading, turn around, park same way, get a reading. as soon as it finishes this test and goes to the valve deadband test, the wheels move apx 50% to the right. then when the test starts, all it will do is go into a tight circle to the right, then will time out and say check valve or wheel angle sensor.

i have went to the wheel angle sensor screen and looked at the raw counts, it shows like 34,000 and when i turn right, it goes down from there, and when i turn left it goes up from there.

we even took the wheel angle sensor out again and made double sure it was in there the correct way, only one way that it can go in and be set.
any ideas would be helpful. were planning to call ag leader tomorrow, but afraid they are going to say its a john deere problem, and john deere will say its an ag leader problem

thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)