AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for custom sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 4/29/2017 21:25 (#5990557 - in reply to #5990011)
Subject: RE: ? for custom sprayers

SE IA
Sprayed acres are different from planted acres which are different from FSA acres, which are different from coffee shop acres....no wonder my yields never match up to the guys at the coffeeshop!!!

A good operator is worth an extra couple bucks an acre or youll end up with a guy covering acres and not caring what he has to do to get those acres. And all the fancy equipment is nice but is all of it worth the extra costs for the technology?

The more you spray the same fields the more you will know how much to cut back and make it come out right....and if you get a guy who tries greasing you acres continually, I've seen the local guys quit spraying the 67 acres that were there even though there were another 13 acres left to spray on that 80!

I guess you should be willing to charge what the guy is willing to pay. If you get more business than you can handle, raise your rate...if you would like to stay busier figure out a way to be more efficient and cut your rate. But don't promise someone you can do it and can't be timely with anyone because you took on extra work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)