AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Persistence Pays
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2017 12:50 (#5989542)
Subject: Persistence Pays

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Some time back I mentioned that I had apparently lost emulated speed out of my InCommand 1200, with 6500 GPS and SteerCommand. It worked to feed the dash on my Deere tractor last fall. This Spring it no longer did this and I felt it might be part of the March update that I did.

I was advised to do a reset to defaults after the upgrade. This did set the correction back to WAAS which did work but I still didn't have any radar getting to my tractor dash. I was advised to do this several times which I did with no improvement.

I redid the March update but noticed that it passed through the various steps very quickly. This was unlike the first time I did the update. I concluded that the system noticed that the upgrade had been done and skipped redoing the steps.

I emailed Tech support and got a reply that no problems on this type were surfacing and that it must be a problem with my wiring or tractor. I briefly observed the wiring which was nicely tucked away by the installer and didn't notice any obvious problems. I decided to forget about this since I didn't really have to have the radar speed or Percent Slip.

Last week someone told me to uncheck the NEMA Talker box. I'm not attempting to use the GPS from the 6500 for any other device so I didn't think this would have any effect on my problem and it did not.

I tried an email once again earlier this week and got a reply yesterday. This reply suggested that although they hadn't seen this, it was possible that the emulated radar out had gotten turned OFF during the update. They gave me a code to type in, that would turn it back ON if it had been turned OFF. I typed this in this morning and my radar indication on the dash is now working again.

Thanks to the tech who took the time to investigate my situation and offer the code. I find that emailing Tech support rather than trying to talk to them on the phone has several advantages. Having been on the other end of these conversations many times, I know the feeling of the customer not completely explaining the problem and needing to get them off the phone since two other calls are waiting. By using email, I can review my explanation of the problem and change it if it is not clear. Using email gives the party on the other end time to investigate the problem since they don't have to produce an answer instantly. The down side is that the process can take a few days to get an answer. In this case it was worth it.

The email had a blanket statement that the information contained should not be distributed. I will abide by that statement and not disclose the code that did the trick but only inform readers that it is something to keep in mind if such a problem surfaces for you.

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2017 14:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)