AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing screen on a 2630 display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

sioux54
Posted 4/28/2017 20:42 (#5988380)
Subject: Replacing screen on a 2630 display

Recently my 2630 touch screen locked up on me. Its shown glimpses of promise, but for the most part the touch screen aspect of the monitor has been worthless since last Saturday. Have had this problem happen on a few different 2600 monitors as well, but this is my first issue with the 2630. In the past we would send them to Ag Express to get repaired and it was typically $300-$500 cheaper than having it fixed by the local JD dealership, and I've been pleased with Ag Expresses work. I spoke to the GPS sales rep for JD and he warned me not to have the screen fixed but instead get a remanufactured 2630 for $2300. His response was that the 2630 is a "different animal" vrs. a 2600 display. Apparently the internal components are more imbedded within the screen of a 2630? Tried calling Ag Express today to get their opinion on the matter but had no success. I personally think $2,300 for a remanufactured display is unnecessarily high, and a simple new screen should fix my problems. Has anyone else ran into a faulty screen on your 2630? If so, what did you do? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)