AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At leader input module question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2017 06:34 (#5988863 - in reply to #5988338)
Subject: RE: At leader input module question.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Simple answer - I'm afraid not both at the same time.

Ag Leader has an Auxiliary Input Module which is a Module that can be used to get switch inputs into a system. I assume you are referring to an Ag Leader Application Rate module. This Module is a black box with a CAN connection on it as well as two 12 pin connectors for working with the outside world. It has no power connection since the circuitry lives off of the power which is part of the CAN bus.

The Application Rate Module can be used for a variety of things. 1) it can be used as a communication link with an Ag Leader system and a third party device. Very commonly this is with a Raven 440 such as you are doing. This arrangement allows information to travel between the two systems. This allows the Ag Leader to send over new application rates such as from a Prescription map. It also allows the Raven's application information to get to the Ag Leader system so that the Ag Leader can make maps and totals.

2) the other port on the Application Rate module can be used for getting radar into the Ag leader system, an implement switch connection and a flow meter connection.

I have personally done both BUT not at the same time. I don't believe that it is possible to do both at the same time such as you desire.

Another thought would be to obtain a second Appliction Rate Module and have one for each task. I don't believe that will work either as I recall that once I tried this on the bench. The system only seemed to recognize one of the Modules. With a Direct Command setup, it is possible to use more than one Liquid Product Control modules and the configuration forces one to assign each module to a part of the system by referring to the module serial number. I don't think this is done with the Application Rate Control Module.

Yet another obstacle might be the multi-product unlock that is necessary when working with more than one product. Personally on my planter, I have used the Application Rate module to monitor fertilizer and a liquid product module to work with spray as well as seed modules to work with seed. This obviously requires a display that is capable (I have used an Insight, Integra and now InCommand 1200) and has the multi-product unlock.

Attached is a picture of the stub cable from Ag Leader that plugs into the Application Rate Module to go to a flow meter, implement switch or radar. I happened to have this and I don't need it anymore and will be mailing out to a fellow NATer so that he can use it with his Application Rate Module. I have an Application Rate Module on my planter for monitoring (not controlling) my starter fertilizer. I made a custom cable for it and no longer needed the Ag Leader stub. I only use the flow meter portion, mapping and fertilizer rate calculation starts/stops based on flow meter activity.

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2017 06:43

(IMG_1505.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1505.JPG (90KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)