AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machinery trade question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DerrickND
Posted 4/28/2017 23:16 (#5988711 - in reply to #5988472)
Subject: RE: Machinery trade question

ND
jd4930 - 4/28/2017 21:11

As already mentioned the boot price is all that matters.

Speaking of that, the best way to know if your getting a good deal is...when it comes to tractors, sprayers, combines, take the hours of what you have and substract that from the trade you are looking into and then divide by the boot price. It will tell you per hour what the cost is. You could also add the cost per acre you go over too for comparision too. The lower the cost per hour or cost per acre, the better the deal is. Or in the case of machinery that does not have a motor or hour meter, divide the boot price by the acres you are going over.......again, the cheaper per acre it is, the better the deal. That's my way of comparing dealers quotes on identical machines with identical hours or age and size. It helps if you have identical machines or class sizes with identical hours, options, age, etc to compare apples to apples. Harder to do when comparing apples to oranges. I had a salesman recently tell me that the boot in was all that matters and I wanted to whack him for being so stupid to even say that because as soon as he said that, I told him I had an identical machine similar to what he was trying to sell me that was $25 per hour cheaper. He was too low on my trade in in this case.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)