AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kept my word.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 4/28/2017 14:37 (#5987805)
Subject: Kept my word.

West of Broken Bow
Mom is dying of cancer and is now bedfast at home. She and I had talked about buying some donuts, since she hadn't eaten any in years. It was too late to get any Tuesday and so I tried to get some the next day. Running errands delayed me getting to a donut shop before they all closed.

So I made sure to go early yesterday and get some. One of the owners asked if all the donuts were for coworkers. I explained they were for my mom and family members, as mom is dying. The gentleman handed me an individually packaged blueberry donut just for mom. I thanked him of course and left. When mom learned there were donuts, she decided to forego the oatmeal and toast for the blueberry donut. :-)

I'm posting this, because the old saying how it's the little things in life that mean the most, IS SO VERY TRUE. Mom got to eat solid food for one more day. She got to enjoy a donut one last time.
As of today solid food is no longer on the menu for her. She continues to have strokes and is now at the point that anything solid is likely to choke her. We're all so thankful for these last days with her before time is up. She can pass in peace at home with her family caring for her.

Edited by TractorAddict 4/28/2017 14:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)