AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader power connectors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 4/27/2017 20:03 (#5986342 - in reply to #5986049)
Subject: RE: Agleader power connectors

The best thing I have been able to come up with is that I buy the connectors from Waytek. They are Amphenol, and have green pin locks, but are fully Deutsch compatible, but at a lower cost. Pins and females are terribly expensive.

I started with crimp stamped pins and females also from Waytek (they use a standard Weather Pack tool to crimp them), but I was not happy with the wire holding in the terminals. It doesn't hold nearly as well as the proper machined Deutsch terminals.

I got a crimper tool, the good Deutsch one on EBay and it came as a package with something like 100 of each female and pins.

I bought a knock off tool for starters, but it's just not as nice as the real Deutsch tool. It's adjustable for both wire size and terminal size.

Yes it was expensive, but the one form EBay was less with the tool and the terminals, than just sourcing the tool elsewhere by itself.

So I basically got the terminals for free depending on how you look at it.

For shoehorning in big wire, I have either had to modify the rubber a little, or put the terminal I the body first, then squish the rubber in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)