AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Funds Goofy short corn position!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

hillclimber
Posted 4/27/2017 14:55 (#5985760 - in reply to #5985596)
Subject: RE: Funds Goofy short corn position!

SW Wisconsin
Tank2516 - 4/27/2017 12:11

Andre and hill what you guys are saying might come to pass (it might not) and if it does I will be with you, but to say the weather that has happened have hurt yields already is far from the truth. You also have to remember we have plenty of corn out in the country and the crop in brazil looks to be a good one that is why the trade is not concern with not getting the crop in early which April planting is.

I don't believe that we have hurt yield potential at this point. I am merely looking at the forecast and also comparing this season to others that had more favorable early conditions regarding potential yields.
If the weather delivers copious amounts of rain over key growing regions combined with below average temps into mid May the yield potential may move lower.
The optimum corn planting date for me is no later than May 8th. Right now that is 10 days away and our forecast is looking tough. Also, on years that I have planted early corn and watched it languish for 2+ weeks in soaking cold rains, my yields were not great.

You are correct about our stock pile and also Brazil's corn crop. They are breaking production records.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)