AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

250 monitor vs Seedstar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

georgejr
Posted 4/26/2017 11:52 (#5983260 - in reply to #5983010)
Subject: RE: 250 monitor vs Seedstar

Wisconsin
We use a 350 monitor on our Soybean Planter (Deere 1535 Truvee) and have 2630 with exactemerge with seedstar mobile as well on our corn planter. More information to help ensure everything is going in correctly. Singulation, down pressure, Skips, doubles which the 350 or 250 would just let you know the high and low rows. Soybeans a double isn't as big of deal as it is in corn. Few years back I had a row that was looking low but when we stopped everything looked fine so we just kept going to finish up before rain on the soybean planter... Well it wasn't the sensor and thankfully it was beans so they helped cover up our mistake. Didn't have time to dig but now we make time if we have a hunch on the 350 monitor. Seedstar it is written out showing exactly what is going on and less guesswork needed to ID a set-up issue or field issue.

Autosteer that tractor and prepare for a learning curve to help ID set-up issues increasing vac or other values. ride quality. Don't let all the data scare you, just don't expect to be a pro year one, two or three. ;-) Check out a few Youtube vids about it and take it one step at a time. AMS consultant or AGTALK any question you have and read the manual while it is raining Deere does a fairly good documentation on most things.

I fish as well and I see guys who have the latest fish finders and use it to just see how deep the water is and others like me who scan water at high speed to find structure and fish at 20 mph. Just having the latest doesn't make the old school equipment no longer valid... Most Salmon fishing gods can read the line on the rod and tell you what the current of the water is 60 ft down in lake MI. Me... Well I'm just a beginner and need every dang piece of info to make better choices.

I do work in IT for my reg job, but the planter is lined with 2 IPads, 2630 and GS3 display which my Father uses and he is no spring chicken... Come to think of it neither am I ;-). We just read different data and make changes based on our comfort level with that data.

AI is coming down worry... But until the planter learns to make adjustments on its own the more information the better job we can do in putting the right seed, down the right depth, spaced correctly and bit of magic fairy dust in hopes Mother Nature is kind to us so the combine has to be upgraded to handle the new record yields... One can hope anyways we are farmers right! Key is if the numbers don't look right stop and check double eliminators, brushes, vac whatever your row units use to see what is wrong as I haven't heard of many sensor failing over a set-up issue.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)