AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yikes!! How on earth....?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tallgrass
Posted 4/25/2017 16:40 (#5981811)
Subject: Yikes!! How on earth....?

NC Iowa
I pray for the families that are involved in this tragic accident but I wonder how in the world this happened !!! Was he really traveling down the road unfolded? Or was he turning around in the road?? I know some of you down there don't have much for road ditches...... or is this just bad reporting?!

Got this off Facebook news site.

A woman died in Northwest Missouri after her vehicle collided with a farm vehicle Monday morning.

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Virginia Burns, 60, of Parnell, Missouri, was killed in an accident that occurred around 5:40 a.m. just south of Parnell on Missouri Highway 46.

Trooper Dale Reutur said the accident involved a Chevrolet Tahoe and a tractor pulling an anhydrous applicator that was not in its upright position. Reutur said that with the farm implement completely down, it would stretch nearly 43 feet across the roadway.

He said the two vehicles were traveling in opposite directions when they collided. Burns was pronounced dead at the scene. According to a traffic crash report, she was wearing a safety device.

Marlin Meyer, 71, of Ravenwood, Missouri, suffered minor injuries and was able to drive his vehicle from the scene.

Authorities closed the road between State Route NN and the south junction with Orion Road, just north of Ravenwood, Missouri.

Crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation assisted the patrol with traffic control around the crash scene as did the Nodaway Sheriff’s Office and Ravenwood Fire Department. Motorists were advised to take alternative routes.

Reutur said the accident is under investigation.

Jenn Hall can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter: @SJNPHall.

Edited by Tallgrass 4/25/2017 16:44

(IMG_5012.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_5012.PNG (89KB - 182 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)