AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variety Locator in GS2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 9/18/2006 09:02 (#44667 - in reply to #44516)
Subject: You might be in luck!

I find 34 field folders on your card image,  but 41 or so fields defined in the master setup file... don't know what that is about unless the zip screwed up.  The fields that you indicate you exported on the last pass do not have folders on the card.    So, you are going to want to check that out.   I don't find a folder for most of the fields you said you exported in your last run.

For the field folders, I found Variety Locator files that were written at 4 different times... 3:07, 3:19, 4:22, and 4:46, so I'm assuming these are the four export runs that you made.   When I look into a folder with a VL file written at 3:07, I find an Export-only spatial catalog that references the VL file, also written at 3:07.   I find the Boundary file and the ImportExport spatial catalog were written at 4:46.

I THINK what this means is that because you didn't include VL data for that field when you generated the card at 4:46, it just left the 3:07 files out there.  And I THINK that means that because the Export-only spatial catalog did not get written, that it will be accessed when you select that field in the GS2, and your VL information will be found.

In the case of Rx's, it might work the same way when adding new Rx's to new fields.   But I think if there were any reason to ever cause the Export-only spatial catalog to get rewritten (add a new Rx to a field that already has an Rx), that the previously existing Rx's for the field would be lost unless re-exported the existing Rx's.

Maybe someone at Deere can confirm this behavior for you, if you want to pursue it.   Or if it rains one day and you are bored, you could write an Rx to a field, and then in a subsequent pass you could write a VL file to the same field and then we could look at the spatial catalog (they both live in the same catalog) and see if both are still there.   Would be GREAT if they are.  It would mean that EIC synchronizes with previous exports.

Thank you for sharing your data with me.  It has been very helpful.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)