AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What drone should I get
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Jmlitt1
Posted 4/26/2017 16:13 (#5983659 - in reply to #5982565)
Subject: RE: What drone should I get

Central Illinois
I didn't see that out of the Mavic. I'm not knocking it in any way, but it struggled in an 11 mph head wind where the 4 PRO chugged right along. Yes it was certainly gusting higher than that, but the specs on paper didn't seem to match was I experienced with it. The smaller size is a plus for portability for sure, but along with coloring would increase the difficulty in finding it if it went down somewhere. It also makes it much easier to lose in the sky. If you can keep line of sight for two miles, your eyes are much better than mine.

I haven't crashed one yet, but i'm also concerned about the durability of of the folding arms. The other issue I observed is the smaller landing gear allows the props the come in contact with things much easier...taking off in the backyard without a board or a mat down had the rear blades in the grass. Maybe I should mow a bit more...

All of that being said, the Mavic is a really good little ship. I just don't believe it was designed to scout fields. Your mileage may vary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)