AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SurVac clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2017 12:42 (#5981567 - in reply to #5981352)
Subject: RE: SurVac clutches (Update)

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My InCommand showed that row 14 had proper population but poorer Spacing Quality and also more skips and doubles when compared to the other rows. I took the unit to my Precision Dealer and they couldn't see any obvious problems. It worked quite well on their test stand. The tech there mentioned that the cover seal on my SureVacs seemed a bit stiff and hard.

I took the cover to my Ag Leader dealer to obtain a new seal. The sales person thought I meant I had trouble with the SureVacs shutting off the seed and advised me to disassemble the SureVac plunger because of problems such as you have shown. Apparently they have seen this on units that have been in service for a while. Is the material inside dirt, seed treatment, talc or what?

This was not my problem, as my rows did shut off so I went with a new seal. The new seal does seem softer and more pliable. Also my unit drive fingers seem to be worn on that row. I have a new drive assembly and will put it on that meter. I am going to move this meter to a different location and move the seed tube and sensor to yet another row. If the problem goes away fine, if it moves with the meter to its new home or moves with the seed tube to its new home, I will know where to look.

Edited by tedbear 4/25/2017 12:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)