AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used planter damaged at dealer after the fact
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Valleyfarmer
Posted 4/24/2017 17:05 (#5980213)
Subject: Used planter damaged at dealer after the fact

Morris, Mb.
I bought a used CNH pivot planter at a dealer several hundred miles away. There was no warranty on the purchase. I went and looked at it while It was still on the farmers yard. Part of the deal was that it would be moved to one of there stores so that it could be loaded on a trailer to be brought to me. The planter has tracks on it and when it arrived, one of the small boogies had a bearing failure on it. It had been run for a while like this as the axle and idler were both shot. There was no sign of this damage when I had looked at the planter. I believe they had towed it about 30 miles to get it to the dealer. It was a commercial trucker who picked it up so he never paid attention to the damage. The dealer had initially said that they would do the parts at there cost but never gave me a price. They went ahead and shipped them without giving me a price. They phoned today and finally gave me a price and it was $4650. I was expecting around $1000 based on what it cost to fix my quadtrac last year. (Paid for the axle, idler and dealer service call and labour on the quadtrac for less than what they are telling me these parts cost) I haven't picked up the parts at the ship to location they gave me. Am I wrong thinking that they should pick up all or at least part of the cost? I will have my labour to fix it. I will give the dealers name and resolution when it's resolved. Just want to know if I should stick to my guns or if I am out of line.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)