AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shaft speed sensor on JD hydraulic drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2017 06:57 (#5981040 - in reply to #5978781)
Subject: RE: Shaft speed sensor on JD hydraulic drive

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have taken apart some of those sensors and it sounds like a similar setup. The ones I looked at had a disk that was turned by the shaft. This disk had alternating black and white pie shaped sections on it. As the shaft turned the disk, these alternating black and white areas passed under an optical sensor. The sensor reacted to the change in color.

The brand I was working with had two different models for different anticipated speed ranges. I forget the number of pulses/revolution for each but one was for "slow" turning shafts and the other for "fast" turning shafts. The only difference between the two was the number of black/white pie shaped areas on the disk. For the slow model, there were more alterations than the fast model.

It was important to use the proper model. If you used a fast model on a slow shaft, the number of pulses produced per minute was too slow and the controller wouldn't recognize them. If you use a slow model on a fast shaft, the alternations went by so fast that the sensor couldn't keep up.

Maybe your shaft sensor is OK but of the wrong speed range.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)