AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Studio and Cost Keeping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

sandman
Posted 4/23/2017 13:38 (#5978278)
Subject: Ag Studio and Cost Keeping

ND
Does anyone use Mapshots Ag Studio for actual cost keeping. I have used Easi Suite since it was born and it was actually pretty darn good for keeping track of all the variable costs. It wasn't bad on fixed costs either but at the end of the day it was pretty close to what you needed to know. My Easi Suite quit working when windows 10 came along so I was forced to go a new route. I decided to follow the Mapshots route and went with Ag Studio. I am not really impressed. I have the full unlock with the business feature. There reports suck for running any type of cost analysis and they don't have the basic Field by Crop report anymore. I don't care about all the mapping and vrt stuff cause I do that with Ag Data Mapping Solutions. I just want to unload planting, spraying, and harvest data and get a cost summary!!!!

I know about Granular but they are a bit rich for my taste. I have worked with Land DB by Syngenta they are okay. Not sure if I am sold on that yet. I have never worked with Farmworks but I know guys like it. I pay bills with QuickBooks so not looking for a checking account tied to cost side. I don't see how that would work that well. So this rant of frustration makes me ask this question. WHAT IS THE PROGRESSIVE AG PRODUCERS THAT MOST LIKELY FARM 500 TO 7500 ACRES use to keep track of the Cost of Production....down to pennies/bushel.

I do have a cluster of spreadsheets I use that work awesome but are somewhat time consuming entering information. Please share what you use, how long you have used it and if you plan to continue to use it.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)