AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's causing this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LonMedbery
Posted 4/23/2017 09:36 (#5977970 - in reply to #5977861)
Subject: RE: What's causing this

It looks freshly broken only in one spot on each collector ring? Were the other corners cracked out a while ago? I've only ever run corn silage through ours, but that area only supports the spout, so I never gave any thought to that being an area that takes much stress....

Edit to add: I am only familiar with surface drive unloaders. Maybe the radial drive and ring drive outfits utilize that area of the collector ring differently.

Edit again after thinking a bit: If you run it down past the door too much without switching the spout down, it puts a bunch of stress on the spout and it's mounting to the collector ring. Notice how on each collector ring you have, both the front bolt holes are cracked out, while only one of the back bolt holes broke out. I take that to mean the bolt holes nearest the silo door are taking more of the upward levered stress of the torque arm when the full weight of the unloader is on that area (when it is long past time to switch doors). Also note how the spout is deformed where it bolts to the transition- that indicates to me that it ran out of travel as the unloader was lowered, and mashed in the back side of the spout right against the transition piece.

Edited by LonMedbery 4/23/2017 10:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)