AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how is this legal? junk car trains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 4/21/2017 20:23 (#5975906 - in reply to #5975573)
Subject: RE: how is this legal? junk car trains

Jon Hagen - 4/21/2017 15:20

towman2000 - 4/21/2017 15:41

So then those killer air bags should be outlawed. If I don't wear my seat belt, am I unsafe and hurting you.
I will NEVER understand the seat belt law. What I do to myself shouldn't be governed by you or anyone else.
Towman

Have you ever noticed the little SRS logo on your air bags ? SRS means Smart Restraint System, your air bag system is smart enough to know if your wearing your seat belt or not. If no seat belt buckled, the bag inflates much harder and faster to compensate for the lack of a seatbelt. Under the right conditions, or if your body is a bit fragile, it may slap you in the face hard enough to kill you. Don't want that, then click your belt on.

Let me explain the thinking behind the seat belt law. Driving is dangerous, wearing a seat belt lessens that danger in 99% of cases, which lessens the chance that the rest of us will have to pay to keep your broken body alive in a nursing home for 40 years, or pay to support your family because you cant, because of your careless , selfish action.
Our so called civilized society will not allow the rest of us to say, you did this to yourself and your family, so you can go starve in a ditch somewhere. We are not asked if we want to volunteer, we are forced to pay for others stupid actions.
For that reason, I am very much OK with air bag and seat belt laws.

SO then you are in favor of outlawing ( or fining) large soda(over 12 oz) purchasers? How about candy bars ? double/triple the tax rate on them or a ticket?
You've already got it done with cigarettes/smoking

I think we ought to mandate everybody eat x number of fruits and vegetables everyday, ticket them if they eat more than 4oz of meat. Maybe a felony for consuming anything with high fructose corn syrup .

I don't want to pay for your diabeetus, heart problems, joint replacement, sleep apnea contraptions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)