AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

zfisher70
Posted 4/21/2017 09:08 (#5975040)
Subject: How would you handle this

VA
So last year I bought 10 heifers and 4 5 year old bred cows from a reputable registered breeder the next county over. I paid what he was asking didn't argue with him as they looked like good cattle these are fall calvers. Well got them home they did good until a month before calving had 4 abort and or have stillbirths. None of my cattle I already had on hand had this problem. So the vet was out last week preg checking and he recommended running some blood work. Well one of the things he tested for was leukosis. 5 of the 14 cattle I bought tested positive. So I called the guy up and said hey buddy just wanted you to know and told him the results. Well he said ok thanks for the news didn't know that I'll check into it sorry about your luck. He then said he been doing research on it the last couple months. Well it didn't add up so I called the guy who referred me to him. He said yeah he knew about the problem that the breeder sold some bulls and they had problems last year and they all popped up with leukosis. Now I'm pissed off cause he lied to me i feel like a reputable breeder who knows he has issues should make it right somehow or at least offer to. Not to mention my best donor cow picked it up off one of these cows I got from him so there goes more money than I went to think about. What would you do? I'm culling all the ones that popped with leukosis as soon as they done with the calf they got. If you sold them how would you handle it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)