AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid hog manure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/21/2017 08:30 (#5974971)
Subject: Liquid hog manure

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Who do you use for your liquid manure analysis? I've been usiug Midwest Labs. for a number of years and am happy with their analysis . They do seem to have gone up in price over the years. This year it was a tick under $50 @ sample w/freight included. I just custom feed now but back when I was paying the feed bill my feed company used to pay for these test so I'm not sure what they were back then. However I do remember paying in the $30's years ago when I did foot the bill.

This analysis is from a deep pit wet tube feeder finisher.

Over the years I have only put on 3,000 gallons @ acre for my complete fertilizer program.

The past two years I've bumped that up to 3,500 gallons @ acre.

This year is the first time in close to 20 years I'm going to supplement this with a little liquid 28% UAN. Earlier this week I did spray on 30# of actual N @ acre as a test. I did leave some check strips throughout the field so I can compare it this fall when I combine it. My co-op agronomist wants me to do some nitrogen leaf tissues test this summer when the corn is about the V7 stage to compare the check areas, I might just do that.

I've always been very happy with my yields over the years but it seems like the corn is always a little sluggish getting started until the roots get big enough to reach the knifed in manure then it takes off. I'm hoping to to a quicker response this spring, I'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity what and how much fertilizer do you supplement your crops if you're using hog manure in your program?

(IMG_3204.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3204.JPG (118KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)