AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700&Accuguide disparity with Trimble swath calcs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tristan
Posted 4/17/2017 08:11 (#5967191)
Subject: Pro700&Accuguide disparity with Trimble swath calcs

Horsham, Australia

I'm seeing a cumulative difference in swath to swath calculations between the Accuguide in a Steiger and our Trimble units.

This becomes obvious the greater number of passes from the original AB.
In previous years we have noticed some variance between the two systems but it has not been critical.

I'm now trying to follow rows exactly with the two systems - so need to eliminate it.

It seems to be independent of the swath width.

Pro700/372/Nav2/Steiger/RTK/Accuguide/Ver30.11 at 12m or 36m and 2050/Nav3/RTK at 36m.
Same RTK base, One straight AB line exported from TABS/Farmworks. Open field, same widths and calibrated units.

The numbers: (metric sorry!)
Initial/original swath with minimal measurable difference between vehicles.
After 55x36m swaths ~500mm (0.5m) so 500/55 = 9.09mm/pass. The Accuguide creeps ahead of the Trimble.
Similarly, after 165x12m swaths ~500mm (0.5m) so 500/165 = 3.03mm/pass.

As a trial - I created a set of planned Multi-swath lines on the desktop software - starting with the original AB and each line offset the same width as my field swath widths.
For the Pro700/Accuguide using 'drive only' the multi-swath line is placed correctly with no difference to the Trimble. So that leads me to a slight variation in the swath calcs?
There is no difference between the Multi-swath/line feature and the straight AB line on the Trimble display.

As a work around if I lower the swath width in the Accuguide to 11.997m @12m and 35.991m @36m my difference is negligible.

Any reason for this to be happening or has anyone come across it before?

Also is it possible to install a Trimble display and make use of the existing harness/nav/372 receiver? - I'm thinking I could make use of a 750/1000 from another of our vehicles - hopefully with very little modification.

Thanks in advance!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)